Holiday sales predictions are all over the place
- According to Boston Retail Partners, 60% of click-and-collect orders placed on Cyber Monday had problems
- Election impact? Some say a Clinton win will net 2-3% bc of the 1-percenters not spending as much pending tax jumps. A Trump win may result in some extra celebration spending by his supporters and the 1-percenters, but the rest of the population will be bracing for instability.
- Amazon might be resistant to all of this.
Here’s the article from Retail Dive
Department stores are having a rough time
- Department stores have seen 0.7 percent sales decline in September . In May, it reported its worst results since the recession. What’s going on?
- Steve Sadove (Saks CEO) thinks omni-channel retailers will come out on top.
- Is that alone enough to help them?
More on the topic
What’s better for VR in Retail? AR
- A survey found that more than a third (34%) of shoppers already use augmented reality while shopping and nearly half (47%) of those like to use it both online and in a store.
- An in a nod to the behaviors of Pokémon Go players, the majority (55%) of AR users say augmented reality make shopping fun.
More on AR in retail